*** RESCHEDULED ***
Due to the blizzard and hazardous road conditions, the Lobby Night scheduled for Mon. Jan. 25th has been rescheduled for Mon. Feb. 22nd.
We hope you'll join us then!
Last year, Governor Hogan put our members on high alert. He cut funding to Baltimore City Public Schools, demanded cutting each state agency by 2% and attempted to remove collective bargaining rights from teachers and staff at public charters schools.
Because of YOUR efforts in Annapolis last year, we were able to keep the 2% for state and government workers, and protect collective bargaining rights teachers and staff at public charter schools.
- better funding for Baltimore City Public Schools,
- safe work and learning environments for all state workers, educational professionals and students,
- due process rights for teachers at the Maryland School for the Deaf,
- state worker and teacher pension protections,
- eliminating bullying from management in the workplace,
...and much more!
Join state and public employees, educational professionals and members of the community as we tell lawmakers in Annapolis to fight for improved education and public services for all Maryland Citizens.
Lobby Night 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016.
Buses depart from AFT-Maryland
5800 Metro Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
at 5:15 p.m. departure.
Refreshments will be provided.